The ability to play with a full tone and powerful range for hours is a great asset for any trumpet player.
To do this we must go to the basics.
1. Air and economy of abdominal pressure.
2. Close embouchure setting. Setting for a g on top of the staff always.
3. Learning to use a lip cushion by pushing the entire embouchure forward toward the mouthpiece.
4. Backing off of the mouthpiece to lip pressure. The lips are to resist the air not the mouthpiece.
5. Playing 3-5 times a day. With each practice session lasting from 20 - 40 minutes of REAL work. Non stop work.