> Would you be so kind as to explain in more detail the Stevens Embouchure?
Hello Joe, I'll jump in on this.
I have worked much on this lately. The basic features of the embouchure are :
1. Open teeth about 1/2 inch
2. Jaw forward
3. Corners inward
4. Lips rolled slightly inwards
5. Lip touches like saying Mmm.
6. Mouthpiece placed on embouchure using no pressure
8. Use tongue and air for pitch control
9. Relax embouchure and open up the aperture (or you will get no sound.)
These are some pointers. Because the lips are rolled inwards, there will be a swing door effect, the air closing the aperture as one supplies more air. Therefore, the air will create the necessary resistance, and no pressure is needed.
The book "The No Nonsense Trumpet from A-Z" is a good source for the Stevens embouchure: